Moist on the inside, crispy on the outside! A fun and unique way to serve stuffing. Give each person their own perfect portion!
- 1 bag Pepperidge Farm seasoned bread or cornbread cubes
- 1 lb. bulk sage pork sausage
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 c. celery chopped
- 2 granny smith apples cored and chopped
- 1 (5 oz.) bag Craisins dried cranberries
- 1 c. pecans chopped (or walnuts)
- 2 to 3 c. low sodium chicken stock
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 24 muffin tins OR a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Pour cornbread cubes into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Sauté sausage and onions in a skillet until brown, breaking up sausage into small pieces. Drain off excess grease and transfer to the bowl. Melt butter in same skillet and sauté celery until crisp and tender. Add to the bowl.
- Add chopped apples, Craisins and pecans. Gently stir everything together and then slowly add broth until thoroughly moistened, but not too wet. Add eggs and baking powder. Mix well.
- Place stuffing mixture into prepared dish or divide among 24 muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes covered, then10 minutes uncovered for casserole OR 25 minutes for muffins. Enjoy warm.