Sweet Potato Hummus
A delicious twist on a classic!!
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (19.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Whole wheat pita bread and crudités
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket, bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor. Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, and garlic in the food processor. Puree about 1 minute, thin with water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Refrigerate hummus in an airtight container up to 1 week. Serve with pita and or crudités.