Sweetheart Peanut Butter Cookies
A batch of these sweet cookies will melt your Valentine’s heart!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 lg. egg
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Additional sugar for rolling
- 24 Hershey's or Dove chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap chocolate hearts; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat peanut butter and shortening together. Add sugars, beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in additional sugar. Place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until puffed and light brown.
- Immediately place a chocolate heart on each cookie pressing down slightly. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.