Taco Lettuce wraps
ur light and healthy taco are packed with flavor and topped with your favorite fixings! A delicious, low-carb dinner the whole family will love! For a keto-friendly version omit the beans.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 T. taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. chicken broth or water
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans rinsed & drained
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves (2 leaves for each wrap)
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded & diced
- 1 diced avocado
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. sour cream for serving
- Salsa for serving
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro roughly chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add ground turkey, cook, and crumble the until no longer pink and cooked through about 10-12 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and chicken broth or water if using. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the black beans and cook until heated through about 5 minutes.
- Stack two lettuce leaves on top of one another for each wrap.
- Spoon ground turkey and black bean mixture into each lettuce wrap and sprinkle with remaining toppings and a dollop of sour cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
Cook’s Note: The leftover turkey and black bean mixture should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator and used within three days. Taco salads are a great way to use up leftovers. Reheat turkey and black beans, chop up remaining romaine lettuce, and top with your leftover toppings.