"This recipe combines two of our favorite meals, TACOS & PIZZA!!"
Servings: 12 slices
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust (I used Boboli thin crust)
- 1 c. Mexican style shredded cheese or cheddar shredded
- 1 c. lettuce chopped or shredded
- 1 lg. tomato chopped
- Crushed Doritos or taco shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, drain off excess grease, add taco seasoning and prepare as directed on the package.
- Spread taco meat evenly over pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes, then sprinkle crushed Doritos or taco shells over pizza. Drizzle with salsa. Cut into 12 slices.
- Cook's Note: Taco Supreme Pizza - Top with sliced green onion and sliced black olives just before serving. You can also spread a layer of refried beans over the crust before adding ground beef mixture or try spreading a layer of nacho cheese sauce in place of shredded cheese.