Beef Tacos with Homemade Taco Seasoning
Who needs a packet, when you can make your own homemade seasoning?
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground oregano
- Taco Seasoning: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, set aside
- Prepare meat filling for tacos: In a large skillet, brown 1 pound ground beef until crumbly, drain fat. Add taco seasoning to meat with 2/3 cup water, mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat filling into warmed taco shells or tortillas. Top with shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh salsa, sour cream or guacamole if desired.