I have been making this back of the box recipe for many years. My secret is to use evaporated milk. I love the flavor and it makes the pudding super creamy!
Servings: 6 1/2 each
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 ¼ c. water
- 1 lg. egg
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. minute/instant tapioca
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, water, and egg until well combined. Stir in sugar and tapioca. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring tapioca to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled topped with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Keep refrigerated.
For creamier pudding, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of pudding as it cools. Recipe slightly adapted from Kraft