Tater Tot Casserole
Recipe by Terri Cleveland - "Wow, this brings back childhood memories! My mom never put mixed vegetables in her recipe, but my friend Terri Cleveland likes the added color and flavor, so it’s entirely up to you." ~Dusty
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed GOLDEN mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can mixed vegetables or 1 c. frozen mixed vegetables optional
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen tater tots or crispy crowns
- 1 c. cheddar cheese grated
- In a large skillet brown hamburger with onion, until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off excess grease, season with salt & pepper to taste, spoon hamburger mixture into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Cover with vegetables (optional). Spread mushroom soup over hamburger mixture or vegetables. Top with frozen tater tots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.