Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs
Marinated teriyaki chicken, colorful bell peppers, sweet pineapple, and red onions cooked over an outdoor grill. This dish SCREAMS summer!
Servings: 8 kebabs
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lg. red bell pepper seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lg. green bell pepper seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lg. yellow bell pepper seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lg. red onion peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 whole pineapple peeled, cored, & cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 c. Yoshida’s teriyaki sauce for glaze
- 2 green onions thinly sliced for garnish
- Hot cooked jasmine rice for serving, optional
- 8 (10 to 12-inch) metal skewers
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Cut peppers, onion & pineapple into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Assemble kebabs by alternating chicken and veggies until each skewer is full.
- TERIYAKI GLAZE: Pour teriyaki sauce into a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Once the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until it has reduced and thickened a bit, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill to 350 degrees.
- Place kebabs on the grill. Cook turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees about 10-12 minutes.
- Brush on teriyaki glaze and cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove kebabs from heat, brush with more glaze and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately over jasmine rice with remaining glaze, if desired.