Recipe by Veralene Hillis - A Big Ol' Texas size breakfast with light fluffy eggs, bacon, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. Simply prepare this casserole the night before and bake off in the morning!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 doz. lg. eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 sm. onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 2 (4 oz.) cans mushrooms drained
- 2 (10 oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. white wine or chicken broth
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push the eggs from the edges of the pan, toward the center of the pan, allowing the liquid egg to flow in underneath, continue to do this around the pan until there is no liquid left and the eggs are cooked through.
- Spread scrambled eggs into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Warm soup and wine together, spread over mixture. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Uncover and bake for 50 minutes or until set. Serve from baking dish.