Tomato Caprese Salad
Simple, delicious, and healthy! Ripe summer tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and sweet basil leaves drizzled with good-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar, Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes cored and sliced ¼-inch thick
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 T. good quality extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar or glaze for drizzling, optional
- freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the salad by arranging and alternating slices of tomato, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese.
- Lightly sprinkle salt over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salad. Lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze if using. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Note: Use a serrated knife for slicing the tomatoes.