Turkey or Chicken Noodle Soup
Nothing is more comforting than homemade soup! Freezes well too.
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 c. celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- 1/2 c. carrots chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt if desired
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. cooked turkey or chicken shredded or cubed
- 1/4 c. Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. ground sage optional
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat until melted. Add celery and onion, cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in noodles, carrots, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered, about 35 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Stir in cooked turkey and fresh parsley, heat through.
- Add sage and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.