Twice Baked Potatoes
Makes an excellent side dish for any meal. This recipe may be prepared in advance and cooked when ready to serve.
- 4 lg. baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 4-5 green onions sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place clean potatoes rubbed with olive oil on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until done (to test for doneness, use the tip of a sharp knife).
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into a large bowl, leaving a ¼ inch border of flesh so the skin holds its shape, save skins.
- To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, ½ cup cheese and ½ the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon. Bake for another 15 minutes.