Crispy waffles filled with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, and cheese. Serve with your favorite salsa or maple syrup!
- 12 Eggo frozen waffles thawed
- 1 T. butter
- 6 lg. eggs scrambled
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. sausage or bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salsa for serving
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage until no longer pink.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter and scramble the eggs. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add the cooked sausage to the scrambled eggs, stir to combine. Cover and keep warm.
- Roll the thawed waffles flat. Drape them over a loaf pan. Bake at 425 degrees until crisp, about 5 minutes. Fill the waffle tacos with the egg and sausage mixture. Top with shredded cheese and serve with your favorite salsa or maple syrup.