Sweet apples, grapes, celery, and toasted walnuts, tossed in a creamy dressing. Add diced chicken or left-over turkey to make this a complete meal. Serve on a bed of greens or stuffed into a pita pocket sandwich, Enjoy!.
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 sweet apple cored and chopped
- 1/2 c. celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red seedless grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 c. toasted walnuts chopped, optional
- lettuce leaves for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt) and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts, mix well.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce leaves.
- Cook's Note: Add 1 cooked, diced chicken breast if desired.