White Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
Servings: 4 dozen
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1 c. pecans walnuts or macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy, scraping often. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips, dried cherries and nuts by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Pan Cookie - Grease a 15x10-inch pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars