White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
aka: "Cranberry Bliss Bars" My guilty pleasure during the holidays!!
Servings: 24 bars
- 3/4 c. butter cubed
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar packed
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- FROSTING :
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 T. grated orange peel
- 3 oz. white chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries chopped
- 3 oz. white chocolate chips melted for drizzling
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- BLONDIES: In a microwave, melt butter; stir in brown sugar. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the butter mixture, beat until combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool on a wire rack.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange peel until blended. Gradually add 3 ounces of the melted white chocolate; beat until blended.
- Remove cooled blondies from the baking dish. Spread frosting over the blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining 3 ounces of melted white chocolate. Cut into 24 triangles. Store blondies in the refrigerator.