Wild Rice with Apples
An excellent side dish with chicken or fish!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/4 c. instant wild rice un-cooked
- 2 1/4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. red apples un-peeled and chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 T. Fresh Parsley chopped
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic, cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rice, broth, apples and pepper. Bring to a boil. reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove rice mixture from heat, let stand 5 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid, stir in parsley.