Zucchini and Sausage Strata
A savory bread pudding layered with sausage, zucchini, bell pepper, green onion and cheddar cheese. Serve our breakfast casserole with fresh fruit and a pitcher of mimosas!
- 8 eggs
- 3 c. milk
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lg. loaf French bread cubed into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (1 lb.) pkg. Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 med. zucchini cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced
- 6 green onions thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, milk and seasonings in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; stir gently until evenly coated. Gently stir in cooked sausage, 1½ cups cheese and vegetables (do not over-stir or it will turn to mush).
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
- Cook’s Note: Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Regular Flavor, Sage Flavor or Hot Pork Sausage Roll in place of Italian Flavored Sausage Roll, if desired.