Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
Zucchini noodles wrapped around a savory chicken and cheese filling then smothered with enchilada sauce and baked to perfection! Trust me, you’ll never miss the tortillas!
- 1 2/3 c. red enchilada sauce divided
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 med. onion chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. shredded chicken
- 5 lg. zucchini halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream for serving
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/3 c. enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until heated through. Remove from heat.
- On a cutting board, use a vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini.
- Lay out three slices of zucchini, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to prepared baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream.