Zucchini Noodles with Basil Marinara
A light and healthy vegetarian meal that requires no cooking!
- 4 small zucchini spiralized or julienned (cut into threads)
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 T. fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 c. packed fresh basil cut into thin ribbons
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Spiralize or julienne your zucchini into "zoodles" and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Divide noodles among 4 bowls and top with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle on a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with some crusty bread and a glass of Pinot Grigio!
- Cook's Note: Use a spiral vegetable slicer, mandolin or knife to julienne the zucchini.