Zuppa Toscana Soup
Satisfy the meat-and-potato lovers in your family with this quick and hearty Italian soup. Sausage, potatoes, bacon, onion, and kale simmered in a delicious creamy broth, Enjoy!
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage casings removed
- 3/4 c. diced onions
- 1 slice bacon diced
- 1 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 med. russet potatoes cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then cut in 1/4 in. slices
- 2 c. chopped kale (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to drain.
- Add onions and bacon to the pot, sauté until the onions are almost translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in kale, whipping cream, and sausage, simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Serve immediately garnished shredded parmesan cheese if desired and crusty French bread for dipping!