Use just about any combination of fresh or frozen berries.
- 1 recipe Papa's Pie Crust (Makes two 9-inch pie crusts)
- PIE FILLING :
- 5 c. mixed berries
- 1-1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. tapioca
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together mixed berries (combination of blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, or blackberries) with lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, tapioca, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare Papa's Pie crust according to directions. Place one pie shell into a 9-inch pie plate. Take a fork and pierce holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Layer berries alternately with sugar mixture, until pie shell is filled.
- Cover with top crust, cut away excess dough, seal and flute edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape or make a lattice top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then lower to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer.