Churro French Toast
Cinnamon-sugar French toast, drizzled with sweetened cream cheese glaze!
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 4 T. cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 thick slices challah bread French bread or Texas toast
- 4 T. butter for frying
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE: In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together. Add milk and vanilla, beat until smooth; set aside.
- CINNAMON SUGAR: In a shallow pie plate, stir together sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined; set aside.
- FRENCH TOAST: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, dip 2 slices of bread, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Add bread slices to the skillet, cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Quickly coat each bread slice with cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately, drizzled with cream cheese glaze.