Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon
Recipe inspired by Cheryl Gillihan - A deliciously simple coleslaw to go alongside your favorite BBQ!
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 1 (16 oz.) bag shredded coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, allow to cool, then crumble.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar until dissolved. Add coleslaw mix and crumbled bacon, toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least an hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Cook's Note: For extra crunch, add a 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts or cashews.