Grilled Apple Crisp Packet
Perfect for Camping OR a Hot Summer day, when you don't feel like cooking indoors! Warm apple slices covered with a sweet, crunchy, topping. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream OR a dollop of whipped cream!
- 4 -5 med. granny smith apples peeled, cored & sliced
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/3 c. butter softened
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom of a heavy duty piece of foil or packet.
- In a glass or plastic (non-reactive) bowl, squeeze a little lemon juice over prepared apples, toss to coat; set aside. This is to prevent the apples from turning brown.
- In medium bowl, using a fork or pastry blender, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined. (I like to squeeze some of the topping in my hands to make small clumps for sprinkling over the apples.)
- Spread half of the apples in the center of the foil. Sprinkle half of the crumb topping mixture over the apples. Top with remaining apples and crumb topping.
- Seal the packet tightly and cook for about 20-25 minutes (turning once half way through cooking) or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream, if desired.