Pumpkin Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie!!
- 1 (9-inch) un-baked deep dish pie crust I made Papa's Pie Crust recipe
- FILLING :
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM :
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 T. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- FILLING: In a large bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell and place on a large baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Note: You may have to cover the edges with foil to prevent the crust from turning too brown.
- Place the baked pie on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature with maple whipped cream. Store left over pie in the refrigerator.
- MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the cream and maple syrup together until soft peaks form. Serve over pumpkin pie.
- Cooks Note: I used Williams-Sonoma Autumn Decorative Pie Crust Cutters to make the leaves. Papa's Pie Crust Recipe: http://www.cookingmamas.com/papas-pie-crust.html