All Butter Pie Crust
My favorite all-butter pie crust from scratch bakes up beautifully everytime!
Servings: 2 pastries
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. frozen unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. ice cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt; set aside.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, quickly grate the frozen butter. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, quickly work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Using a wood spoon, stir a 1/2 cup of ice water into the butter/flour mixture until incorporated. Press the dough between your fingers, if it sticks together it’s ready. Add more water if necessary, a tablespoon at a time, up to 3 tablespoons if needed.
- Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough a couple of times to form a ball. Divide the ball in half, flatten each half into a disc, then wrap each disc in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before using OR freeze for up to a month and thaw in the refrigerator before using.