Sugar Cookie Cupcakes
These sweet cupcakes are frosted with homemade Buttercream Frosting and topped with My Favorite Sugar Cookies!
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. half & half
- Buttercream Frosting (see below)
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with half & half, beat until well combined. Spoon the batter into cupcake cups, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.