Watermelon and Goat Cheese Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
A wonderful combination of flavors and textures, crisp, sweet watermelon and creamy, tangy goat cheese, pair well together. Top with sliced grilled chicken to make it a meal.
- 3 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. orange juice
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 c. watercress tough stems removed, or mixed salad greens
- 4 c. diced seedless watermelon (about 3 lbs. with the rind)
- 1/4 c. red onion very thinly sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 c. chopped hazelnuts toasted
- Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add watercress, watermelon and red onion; toss to coat.
- Divide among 5 plates. Top with goat cheese and toasted hazelnuts.