Beer-Battered String Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 c. beer (not dark)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 limes cut into wedges for serving
- REMOULADE DIPPPING SAUCE:
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 2 T. Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1/2 c. finely chopped green onions
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T. finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Prepare Rémoulade Dipping Sauce by whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Snip off and discard the stalk ends of the green beans; set aside.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees in a deep skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk the beer, salt, and lime juice into the flour until smooth. (The mixture will foam slightly.) Dredge the beans in the batter to coat.
- Working in batches, gently place 10 battered beans into the hot oil and let cook for about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried beans to a paper bag or paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Repeat the process until the remaining the beans are cooked. Serve with Rémoulade dipping sauce and lime wedges.